The FR-ES can be employed in a wide range of diverse applications, such as: Film thickness, Refractive Index, Color, Transmittance, Reflectance, and many more. There are three configurations available: VIS/NIR (370 – 1020 nm), NIR-N1 (850 – 1050 nm), NIR (900 – 1700 nm).
Then, there is a wide range of accessories, such as:
Filters to block light at certain spectral regimes
FR-Mic for measurements at very small areas
Manual stage, either 25 x 25 mm or 100 x 100 mm or 200 x 200 mm
Film/Cuvette Holder for Absorbance / Transmittance and chemical concentration measurements
Integration Spheres for diffuse & total reflectance
By the combination of different modules, the final setup meets any end-user needs.
- Universities & Research labs
- Life Sciences
- Polymer & Resist characterization
- Chemical measurements
- Dielectric characterizations
- Hardcoat, Anodization, Metal parts process
- Optical Coating
- Non-metal Films
And many more…
- Single-click analysis (no need for initial guess)
- Dynamic measurements
- Measurement of n & k, color is included
- Save images and videos for presentations
- Multiple installations for off-line analysis
- Free of-charge Software update
Principle of operation:
White Light Reflectance Spectroscopy (WLRS) measures the amount of light reflected from a film or a multilayer stack over a spectral range, with the incident light normal (perpendicular) to the sample surface.
The measured reflectance spectrum, produced by interference from the individual interfaces is being used to determine the thickness, optical constants (n & k), etc. of free-standing and supported (on transparent or partially/fully reflective substrates) stack of films.